I always make time during the holidays to take an assessment of my life.
- How do I feel about my life in general?
- Am I on track with my long term goals?
- Did I complete last year’s goals?
- What should I add to enrich my life?
- Where can I cut back to simplify my life?
I use that to determine what I want to accomplish so I can set meaningful goals for the year. I am a visual person, so I make an outward expression of my goals with a vision board. I love giving an outlet to my creative side, and a large poster is a great reminder all that I want to achieve.
Here are my steps to creating a vision board:
- List what I want to achieve this year in different areas of my life. For example, I might set separate goals for my business, my personal life, family relationships, fun and recreation, and spirituality.
- Next the fun starts: I look for pictures that reflect the feeling behind my goals. I also look for words in large and colorful type face. The image has to resonate with me to earn its space on my board. I use magazines, newspapers and images that I’ve found online. Then, I cut them out (or print them) and set them aside.
- Then I arrange, and rearrange, the images on the poster board until I’ve achieved an overall image that speaks to me.
- Finally, I glue everything in place and display it.
Now, this is the end result for my 2015 vision board.
Leave a Reply