Before we travel, we check off a pre-travel to-do list. Today, I am going to share all the steps we take before leaving on vacation.
- Stop the mail and newspaper delivery
- Set timers on electronics to turn on and off at natural times
- Unplug or turn off all other electronics – it will save you a lot of money
- Clean out the fridge and take out the trash
- Water the plants
- Tell your local police that you will be away so they can check your house when patrolling
- Pay bills ahead or set up automatic payments to avoid late payment fees
- Notify your credit card companies of your whereabouts and how to reach you
- Clean out your wallet and remove anything you don’t need
- Charge the electronics that are traveling with you
- Pack chargers in your luggage
- Use plastic bags. Put jars, tubes, and dispensers in sealed plastic bags (if they break your other items will be fine). I put my clothing in huge bags, so if my luggage is out in the rain on the tarmac, my clothing will stay dry.
- If you are traveling with a passport, remember to make a copy to take with you. It makes getting a replacement so much easier.
I hope these tips will help you have a safer and happier vacation.