We don’t want to pay the checked baggage fee with the airlines, so we try to pack in a carry on.
If I can do it, you can to. Here are some tips on how we pack light:
- Pick a color theme – I pick three colors (two neutrals and a color) so that I can mix and match outfits.
- Make items do double duty – a pair of sandals can go to the pool and dinner.
- Wear you bulkiest clothing – think sweater / coat / sweatshirt vs. packing it.
- Consider packing less clothes and doing laundry mid way through the vacation.
- Think multiple use items – your phone or tablet can be your camera, e-reader and still be able to check your email vs. all single use items / electronics.
So I wear my sneakers and sweatshirt. We bring a pack a clothesline, clothes pins and laundry detergent to do laundry. My tablet eliminates my need for a camera, book / magazines. I wear my sandals to the pool and then use them in the evening for dinner )shoes take up a lot of room in the suitcase). My pool / beach cover up can be used a as sundresses for dinner. It takes a little organization, but works for me.
Every little thing you can eliminate from your luggage will lessen what you hvae to take and in turn you will have less luggage and avoid luggage fees. One carry on can easily do a week of vacation for me.
Leave a Reply