This is a favorite of mine. I am always looking to reduce the cost of things. Here are some ways that we have reduced our expenses:
- Bringing beverage and lunch to work instead of purchasing
- Stretching out the time between personal services – haircuts, nails etc.
- Asking for discounts – just received a discount code to take an online safe driving class to reduce the cost of auto insurance for the next three years
- No fee bank accounts and using online bill pay (not paying for postage)
- Eliminating annual costs – warehouse clubs, magazine subscriptions, TV subscriptions, etc.
- Using the local library for more than books
- Contacting your bill companies to see what offers are available. We received a $25 monthly discount on a bill for being a loyal customer
- We do things ourselves – lawn mowing / snow removal, taking our own trash / recycle to local facility and more
What bill bothers you the most? Have you looked into ways to reduce or eliminate it? Have you checked out the competitions pricing? Have you asked your family and friends for suggestions?