Now that summer is here and school is just about out, people start to think fun and sun and for many of us, vacations Summer is prime vacation season, and while you’re anticipating the excitement of getting away from it all, you should also anticipate a little extra upfront work to help make your vacation worry-free.
To help prepare for your family’s vacation, I wanted to share with you a few tips to offer you some peace of mind while you’re away:
- Stop your mail and newspaper delivery a few days before you go to make sure your request has taken effect.
- Check out your yard and put away anything that could be used to gain entry to your home A ladder outside gives easy access to your home.
- Make sure your services are maintained while you are gone landscaping and lawn mowing sure signs that someone is away if left undone.
- If your home is empty, use timers for lights and appliances (radios, TV etc for noise).
- Remember to turn off icemakers and other automatic appliances in your absence.
- Don’t change the answering machine to say you will be away Inform the important people in your life directly.
- Don’t post this information on social media websites before you go.
- Clean out your wallet and/or purse before you go Remove items you will not be using and place them in a secure location.
- Call your credit card companies to tell them where you will be going, so that they know to authorize a charge in a different location and make sure they have your cell phone numbers to contact you with any questions.
Hope these tips will help you have a great vacation!