I am on a mission to remove hazardous chemicals from our lives. There are so many that appear in our lives without even thinking about it. There are additives in our foods. There are chemicals in our cleaners in our personal care items and food. This is too much for me and we are changing how we buy things. Reading the labels for ingredients. Yes, it takes time, but my health is more important.
I buy organic foods and do a lot of cooking myself versus buying prepared foods. I grew up with a family that lived farm to table lifestyle with a garden in the back yard for some awesome vegetables. I still garden to this day. in fact, we just planted this years garden. There is nothing better to me than picking lettuce and making a salad or picking a vegetable for a meal based on what’s ready to pick. You can’t beat the freshness or the taste without any additives or chemicals.
In addition, we have been eliminating chemicals in our home too. All those chemicals in the cleaners we used to use. Not to mention the chemicals in our personal care products. Ugh! We use products such as vinegar, baking soda and essential oils to clean and sanitize our home. Young Living’s Thieves is what we use for laundry, dishes / dish washer / household cleaner and more.
When is the last time that you read the label on a product you regularly use in your household? Take one out now and see what’s in it. It might shock you.
We are putting our money towards better options. For more information check out these websites:
- Environmental Working Group for a list of the dirty dozen and clean 15 fruits and vegetables. Also, they have a list of skin care products with ratings to help you choose.
- Food Babe – great information about what is in the food that we eat – it’s shocking.
- Young Living – for non toxic cleaning and personal care products included the Thieves products in the photo*
- Center for Food Safety – working to keep our food / environment safer
Once you read the labels, you will be shocked at what is in these products. For me, it means making my own healthy versions for our home. For example, condiments – we make our own from scratch. I couldn’t find mayonnaise or salad dressing without partially hydrogenated oils and added sugar. Yes, it takes time, but my health is more important.
We are not perfect, but we are eliminating and replacing one product at a time. It’s a journey and it will take time, but it’s one step at a time to a healthier lifestyle.
* We may receive a percentage of the purchase price if you chose to buy the linked products. There is no difference in price to you.